Week #3 Changing



Week #3 Habit Change

Image result for Killing it meme
YES! The third week, I am killing this challenge of taking a shower in 10 minutes. Starting from 12/16 - 12/21, I still am waking up at 6:15 AM and be at the shower by 6:20 AM and out by 6:30 AM. The method I am using to constantly remind myself every morning to take a 10-minute shower is effective. As I mentioned my methods in the 2 previous blogs, I am using my phone and posted notes to be put in my bedroom door and bathroom.
What I learned from D. Merril & L. Leatherby (2018, July 31) that I didn't know how much land is used for crops and cows. It is crazy how the land in the U.S. Majority is fro cows and other products use to produce. Fun fact, the fruit we produce in the U.S. is bigger than the state of Rhode Island!



If the project ended today, how likely do you think you'd be to continue?
If this challenge ended today, I would most likely do it because is gotten to the point where I have a habit of taking a shower in 10-minutes: after learning about the unnecessary amount of water waste.
This habit of taking a 10-minute shower, I've been doing it for 18 days now, almost 23 days.
23 days is what normally it takes for a habit to be internalized. According to J. (2018, April 14)
it says "it takes 21 days to form a new habit." Proven by How Long Does it Actually Take to Form a New Habit?
(Backed by Science) that it takes about 21 days to form a new habit. From getting an insight into how long does it take to form a new habit. For me personally, I think it depends on the activity your doing. If something is a challenging and the other is not. Then the thing that is challenging will take longer to be processed by your brain to get used to it. Personally, I think it took for me to get used to showering 10 minutes about a week. After a week I was able to do it consistently because I had many methods to remind me about the goal. Also, from reading this article I'll certainly continue this habit because I know how much water I am saving, as well as I am impacting the environment in a positive way. (Saving resources) People can take away by getting informed and inspire because it doesn't take long for a habit to form if you are consistently through out of it.

Comments

  1. what is another habit you doing beside shorter showers that you have noticed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looking at yours compared to others that are taking shorter showers you have a lot more resources and are more detailed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment